How to Show Remote Work Experience on Your Resume
- Why is it important to tailor your resume for remote work?
- Personal Description
- The Complete Guide To Listing Remote Work on a Resume
- List the location where you were based
- Make it known you’re in the market for a remote job
- Step 1. Complete a Task and Skills Assessment
- Optimize Your Resume for Keywords
Choose the template that works best for your career level and skills. Read our full guide on how and why to write a remote work cover letter here. If your resume uses the same language, it’ll be pushed to the top and reviewed by the hiring manager. Remember to update your master resume whenever you get promoted, land a new job, or do something great a work. Add all your education, online courses, awards and recognition, and work experience. In 2018, 40% more companies offered remote work than in 2013. However, it was COVID-19 pandemic in 2020 that catapulted location independence into the mainstream.
Led 4-person sales team to record-breaking sales figures, increasing revenue by 60% while working remotely. To be perfectly clear about the status of your remote work, you can list both your location and the location of your company. When choosing your location, you can list either the location where you were based or the location where your company is based — there’s no need to specify which if you don’t want to.
Why is it important to tailor your resume for remote work?
Easily create, edit, and share a standout resume to get hired faster. Updating client information databases and entering any other data in real-time. Whether it is for your remote or other work experience, using quantities to describe achievements is the best method. This will show the recruiter that you can adapt to different situations and perform various tasks remotely. State that your work was remote and add corresponding accomplishments. We are Bryce and Camille married, former workaholics, who traded in Corporate America for North America, to explore new places, people, and possibilities.
- Follow today’s three-step process, and your skills may help catapult you into the perfect remote role you’ve been chasing.
- In each entry in your work experience section, foreground the skills that are most applicable to working from home, even if that particular role didn’t require working remotely.
- Online resume scanning tools can show you how well your resume matches up to what a company is specifically looking for.
- Working remotely will be initially a challenge and an opportunity to translate these skills into a new work setting.
- It’s all about connecting the dots for the employer and helping them see how your current skill set is the right skill set for their remote role.
- Later, you’ll use this list to create theEmployment Historysection of your resume.
- For example, “Looking to obtain a position as a remote customer service agent” doesn’t describe who you are or what makes you a great candidate.
Get an infographic resume with a discount from a professional designer. Check more recommended readings to get the job of your dreams. Data reflects analysis made on over 1M resume profiles and examples over the last 2 years from Enhancv.com. Promoted how to indicate remote work on resume six months ahead of schedule due to strong performance and organizational impact while working remotely. Creative and self-motivated web designer with eight years of experience. A clear understanding of modern technologies and best design practices.
On the one hand, the resume has to clearly portray your contribution and accomplishments in your niche. On the other hand, it should be easy to understand for someone outside your line of career. To strike balance between the two, use plain professional language, no abbreviations and slang, and rely on strong action verbs. Collaborated remotely with ten department managers and peers to develop and implement policies and procedures that increased internal efficiency by 20%. Self-motivation in remote working is important to get things done without the need to be monitored. Showcase on your resume that you can make a schedule, set your own goals, estimate timelines, and achieve goals promptly. Organizing and planning are critical skills to have when working from home.
- Keep reading while we go through the process and add a few tips of our own in today’s guide.
- Once you find a position that interests you and matches your expertise, reevaluate your résumé based on the specific job requirements listed.
- Prioritizing listing technologies you know well and are likely to use regularly in the new position, particularly if they’re mentioned in the job description.
- We’re not at the point where robots are making all the hiring decisions .
- When hiring remote workers, employers look for candidates who are qualified to perform the job duties and also possess certain traits that will set them up for success working from home.
This was only possible because of the freedom I had as a remote worker”. Point to accomplishments that include times you’ve gone above and beyond to support a colleague, organized a team-building event, or proactively kept others in the loop. Even if you weren’t working remotely, chances are you’ve had to familiarize yourself with digital collaboration tools like Zoom, Slack, Microsoft Teams, Basecamp, and Asana. Prioritizing listing technologies you know well and are likely to use regularly in the new position, particularly if they’re mentioned in the job description. Whether you’re looking for fully remote positions or navigating a return to the office, here’s how to demonstrate the key skills employers are looking for. Ben is a writer, customer success manager and CV writing expert with over 5 years of experience helping job-seekers create their best careers. He believes in the importance of a great resume summary and the power of coffee.